I needed a break from the Tuscany Lace Tunic, so I decided to start a take along project. It’s always good to have something you can take in a small bag for working on when chatting with friends, knit nights, or the many times you are just waiting. I need more warm weather tops, so I decided to frog the cotton sweater I started last year and convert it into a light ribbed top.
I tested out a two by two rib and reduced the needle size to 3.5, starting from bottom up. I changed to 3.25 for the waist and midriff, and will switch back to 3.5 for the bust. I am worried about this cotton silk blend’s ability to support the weight of the finished garment. So, I may drop down to a 3.0 needle for the shoulders, just to give it extra firmness in that area. I suppose as I gain more experience I will learn to estimate the amount of stretch and memory specific yarns will have in the finished garments. You can see my test swatch was quite large, but that still doesn’t tell you whether it will maintain its shape with the weight of the finished garment. This yarn is a better quality than the first cotton project I made. So, I am hoping for the best.
I have started a fiber arts group in Chiang Mai. But so far the interest is mainly in dressmaking and quilting. I can take a lead role in that, since I did both for so many years. So, you may see some sewing posts in the near future.
I’ve been told that there is no visible follow button on the website and I am working on that. In the mean time, thanks to everyone who’s been visiting, reading, and commenting.
I apologize for the long hiatus. I was participating in Nanowrimo in November and it took all my creative energy. If you are a writer, I suggest you check it out for next year. It is a writing platform where writers worldwide get together every November and challenge each other to complete a 50,000 word novel by the end of the month. It’s a good goal setter and practice for creating a writing schedule.